Tuesday, January 11, 2011

transition

Well, I left Seattle at 10:00 AM this morning. David dropped me at the airport and then left to head back to Moscow. My plane flight was about 2.5 hours, and short and quite nice. I had a bulkhead seat, so lots of leg room and the seat between me and a guy was empty. Once I got into LAX I picked up my luggage, called the hotel I made a reservation at the night before and had them send their shuttle to get me. I got a room (cheap and close) cause I have a 12 hour layover here. I am currently in the hostel and it's pretty neat. I am glad I did it this way cause I get internet and it's much more relaxing than waiting in the stupid airport. The room is a bit gooky, but it's not bad and the bathroom's pretty clean; it's just what I need. :) My Qantas flight leaves for Brisbane at 11:50 PM and then I have a 2 hour layover and then a 5.5 hour flight to Perth. I'll be picked up my a vet student's husband (I'll stay with them temporarily). That will be very helpful. I am Skype-ing with David now, so more to come when I get settled. :)
-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment