Friday, April 15, 2011

Exams exams exams

I feel like all I've been doing lately is studying for exams (I guess that's the point right??). Well I feel like our last exams were just a bit ago, but that was a few weeks ago... time is flying! I both love that cause it means it's that much "faster" David will get here, but I also don't like it cause I want life to slow down so I can enjoy it, and that's what I've been working on... just enjoying life.

I have a kitten in my lap and one walkING ON MY CO
m
puter... as you can see.

Ok, back to what I was saying (now both kittens are on my lap/near my bum on my chair... PLAYING WITH MY FOOT, OW!)
I know that I'm in vet school now, but it's still kind of hitting me that even though I'm working really hard I'm just passing many of my tests, which is strange (I'm used to getting really good grades for this type of effort). BUT, luckily, all I need to do is pass, and that's what everyone else is experiencing as well... I knew this would happen, I had fair warning by Emily (5th year).

Today I went and studied physio with Stina on the beach in Freo, and yes, we did actually get some studying done... as well as a bit of swimming now and again. :)

As for work, I love my job, but I am currently seeing if I can't get something else casually on the side cause I don't get enough hours, which is really the fault of school. If I didn't have labs that made it so I couldn't get to work by 4:00 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, then I could work all of those. And since the hospital is only open until 7:00 it's not like I can work late. I will be getting a few more hours on the break before finals, but I need something more permanent that helps me earn my weekly wages. Right now I'm making enough to pay rent, but really not any more. I was hoping to save up some money for David's and my trip, but unless I find something else that's not going to happen (the extra money bit, we're still going on the trip). :)

Other than that life has been pretty good, just school, work and the occasional hanging out with friends. :) I'll try and write a bit more since I'll have a bit more time in a few weeks. We have a physio test next week then it's Easter break, which for half of I am going up to Broome (driving) with a group who are going to Curtin Detention Centre to visit the detainees and give them Easter eggs and dictionaries. It's a detention centre for foreigners fleeing their countries and it's very controversial.
Should be a very interesting/informative experience. I'll definitely write about that later.
TTFN
-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment